Chocolate Covered Strawberries – A classic sweet treat!
If you need some inspiration for a sweet treat, look no further! These chocolate covered strawberries are perfect for any occasion – for a dinner party, dinner for two, a sweet bite for a brunch party or if you’re having a girls night (or a boys night for that matter!)
Making Chocolate Covered Strawberries is effortless and it’s a real crowd pleaser! What’s great with this treat is that it’s sweet enough to satisfy that immense sweet craving but not too heavy to make you feel all bogged down after eating it!
Tip! Rolling the strawberries in coconut or chopped nuts is great as this will “lock in” the chocolate and prevent it from spreading out on the baking paper when it’s firming up in the fridge!
Also, chocolate + coconut + strawberries are a winning combo!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries – Nutrition Breakdown
This sweet treat packs a lot of goodness, both flavour wise and nutritionally wise!
- Dark Chocolate – Chocolate is PACKED with antioxidants that bring plenty of positive health benefits! For example, these antioxidants may protect your skin against UV damage, good for heart health and may also improve your mood!
- Strawberries – Packed with vitamin C which is essential for the production of collagen, the main structural protein in your skin that keeps your skin firm and healthy looking. Vitamin C is also important for healthy gums and membranes in the body. Strawberries also contain folate, which is needed for red blood cell production and for cardiovascular health!
- Nuts and coconut – Add coconut or chopped nuts for extra nutrients such as copper which is important for hair pigmentation and for keeping your cells healthy, and for a dose of healthy fats!
Looking for more sweet treats?
- Chocolate Mousse – A delicious and decadent dessert for all chocolate lovers!
- Easy Almond Cake – You only need 3 ingredients to make this light, airy and moist almond cake!
- Chocolate Covered Walnuts – The perfect snack to soothe a sweet tooth or as an afternoon pick me up.
- Baked Apples – Like small individual deep-filled crumbles!
If you make this recipe, please comment and rate it! And don’t forget to take a picture and @ nutritionistmeetschef on Instagram!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 80 g chocolate
- 250 g strawberries
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- desiccated coconut (unsweetened, optional)
- Melt the chocolate in over a hot water bath or in the microwave (read notes)
- Roll the strawberries in the chocolate until they're evenly covered with chocolate.
- Roll the strawberries in coconut (or chopped nuts) and place on a place or tray with baking paper.
- Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to firm up.
- Hot water bath – Place a heat proof bowl with the chocolate in it and place on top of a pan with around 1 inch of water in it, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Bring to a light boil and stir the chocolate frequently. Once the chocolate has melted, carefully remove the bowl with a cloth so you don't burn your hand on the steam!
- Microwave – microwave it for 30 seconds, give it a stir and microwave it for another 15-30 seconds and finish when there's still small pieces of chocolate left as these will melt as you stir. You don't want the chocolate too hot as it splits, so it's important to keep an eye on the chocolate.
- Best enjoyed on the same day they're made!
- If you get any melted chocolate leftovers, take some nuts or seeds and mix the the chocolate and place clusters of the mixture on baking paper!