These chocolate covered walnuts are perfect to make for the holidays! Topped with a little bit of chilli and flake salt! Easy to make and and low in sugar! Packed with magnesium, copper and flavanols!
Chocolate Covered Walnuts – Perfect for the holidays!
If you’re one that like to make your own pralines and sweet treats for the holidays, or want to offer a more nutritious alternative, this recipe is for you! These chocolate covered walnut are perfect for the holidays! They’re easy to make and a real crowd pleaser!
These walnuts are simply covered with melted dark chocolate, and then sprinkled with chilli and flake salt! But you can skip it or go with one of the other. Whatever floats your boat!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE COVERED WALNUTS
CHOCOLATE COVERED WALNUTS – NUTRITION BREAKDOWN
- Magnesium: This mineral is essential for hundreds of reactions (more than 300 to be more specific!) in the body such as converting the food you eat into energy, for a healthy nervous system and muscle function.
- Copper: Part of the body’s own antioxidant system and is also essential for energy production! Important for healthy skin, hair and nails!
- Flavanols: The cocoa in chocolate contains a bioactive compound called flavanol which is believed to have a positive effect on cardiovascular health!
- Antioxidants: Chocolate loaded with antioxidants which can protect your cells and keep them healthy!
If you like to make your own sweet treats for Christmas, below are some other recipe suggestions
- No Bake Chocolate and Oat Balls
- Toasted Coconut Chocolate Bites
- Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
- Orange Cinnamon Bliss Balls
- Vegan Raspberry Cream Cups
If you make these chocolate covered walnuts, please comment and rate the recipe! Also, don’t forget to take a picture and @nutritionistmeetschef on Instagram! We love to see your pictures!
Chocolate Covered Walnuts
- 150 g / 5.3 oz dark chocolate >70%
- 100 g / 1 cup walnuts
- chilli flakes
- flake salt
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie or in the microwave
- Add the walnuts and stir until each walnut is evenly coated with chocolate
- With the help of a fork, place the walnuts on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Add a little bit of chilli and salt on each nut
- Place in the fridge to cool down (if you choose to temper your chocolate you don't need to place the chocolate in the fridge)