Carrot Cake Bliss Balls – Taste just like the real deal!
Today I’m sharing a recipe for carrot cake bliss balls. There are many variations of carrot cake bliss ball on the big world wide web, but this recipe is slightly different!
They have a special spice in it!
And that spice is…. *drum roll*
Many associate cardamom with more savoury food, but it works really well with sweet things too!
These carrot cake bliss balls are super easy to make. Like most bliss balls, all you need to to is to chuck all ingredients in the blender and let the machine to the hard work. Then you roll them into balls and they’re ready to enjoy!
And these carrot cake bliss balls are also loaded with nutrients! They’re rich in
- Magnesium, necessary for around 300 enzymatic reactions in the body such as the production of glutathione, the body’s most powerful antioxidant and is anti-aging, prevents cell damage and can control inflammation, to name a few benefits!
- Copper, an important mineral for energy production and iron metabolism!
- Vitamin A, important for healthy eyesight, healthy skin and for strong immune system!
- Manganese, important for the metabolism of protein and carbohydrates!
Healthy and tasty, these carrot cake bliss balls are the perfect bite whenever you crave something sweet!
- 50 g (1/2 cup) carrots, grated
- 100 g dates (1 cup) dates, pitted
- 60 g (1/2 cup) cashews
- 60 g (2/3 cups) rolled oats
- 0.5 tsp cardamom
- 0.25 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- zest from 0.5 orange
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- Place all ingredients in a food blender.
- Blend until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into even sized balls.
- Roll the balls in desiccated coconut.
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 1 h before serving, so they can firm up.
- Keep them in the fridge