Chocolate Covered Strawberries
A delicious and simple sweet treat - chocolate covered strawberries! Perfect to make for small as well as large gatherings!
- 80 g chocolate
- 250 g strawberries
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- desiccated coconut (unsweetened, optional)
Melt the chocolate in over a hot water bath or in the microwave (read notes)
Roll the strawberries in the chocolate until they're evenly covered with chocolate.
Roll the strawberries in coconut (or chopped nuts) and place on a place or tray with baking paper.
Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to firm up.
- Hot water bath - Place a heat proof bowl with the chocolate in it and place on top of a pan with around 1 inch of water in it, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Bring to a light boil and stir the chocolate frequently. Once the chocolate has melted, carefully remove the bowl with a cloth so you don't burn your hand on the steam!
- Microwave - microwave it for 30 seconds, give it a stir and microwave it for another 15-30 seconds and finish when there's still small pieces of chocolate left as these will melt as you stir. You don't want the chocolate too hot as it splits, so it's important to keep an eye on the chocolate.
- Best enjoyed on the same day they're made!
- If you get any melted chocolate leftovers, take some nuts or seeds and mix the the chocolate and place clusters of the mixture on baking paper!