Pumpkin Porridge! This recipe uses finely grated pumpkin - a great way to use up any bits of pumpkin kickin about in the fridge
- 40 g / 0.5 cup rolled oats
- 80 g / 0.5 cup finely grated pumpkin*
- 240 ml / 1 cup water (+ extra if needed)
- 0.25 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of ground ginger, cloves and vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg (optional, check notes)
- pomegranate arils
- desiccated coconut
- tahini or nut butter
- drizzle of honey / maple syrup
- milk of your choice
Add all ingredients for the porridge in a pan.
Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes whilst stirring from time to time.
If adding an egg, crack in in and cook in low heat for another minute or two whilst stirring. It's important to stir and cook on a low heat so the eggs gets incorporated into the porridge without getting scrambled.
Finish the porridge with pomegranate arils, a quartered fig, desiccated coconut, a drizzle of tahini (or a nut butter) and some honey or maple syrup.
- You can use butternut squash instead of pumpkin
- Egg is optional - I almost always add an egg to my porridge as it makes it creamy and more filling.
- Use GF oats for a gluten free version