Watermelon Feta Salad
Watermelon Feta Salad with a kick of chilli! A great salad to serve with grilled meats, fish or at a dinner party, or perfect enjoyed on its own.
- 500 g watermelon (about 4 cups cubed)
- 200 g feta cheese
- 2 shallots (or one small red onion)
- 1-2 red chillies (remove the seeds and white inner parts for less heat)*
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar (or lemon juice)
- Handful of parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
Peel and dice the watermelon. Set aside
Finely slice the shallots. Chop the chillies. Set aside.
Combine olive oil and vinegar in a bowl and whisk (or pour it into a small jar with a lid and give it a good shake)
Combine watermelon, shallot, chilli and the oil & vinegar mix. Mix all until combined.
Crumble feta cheese over the salad and add the parsley leaves. Gently mix the salad together.
Finish with salt and pepper to taste.