Chicken Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Dip
A fresh chicken salad with a creamy sun dried tomato dip! Great for lunchbox or a weeknight dinner! Gluten and dairy free!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Sun Dried Tomato Dip
- 60 g / 1/2 cup cashews, soaked (check notes)
- 7 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 garlic
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless & skinless)
- 150 g potato, boiled
- 1 yellow pepper
- A few handfuls of spinach
- leeks or spring onions (about 3-4 tbsp)
- drizzle of olive oil
- sunflower sprouts (optional)
- pumpkin seeds (optional)
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Put the potatoes on a large pan and cover with water and add a good pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Once cooked, rinse the potatoes under cold water. Drain and set a side.
Whilst the potatoes are cooking, prepare the sun dried tomato dip by placing all ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined. Add a little bit of water to loosen it up if needed.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat up a large frying pan and fry the chicken on both sides until browned. Place the chicken in the oven for 10-15 minutes and cook until done.
Slice your peppers, finely slice the leeks and combine them with the spinach in a bowl. Add the cooked potato, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil and mix together.
Arrange the plates by placing the salad, the chicken and a good dollop of sun dried tomato dip. Garnish with sunflower sprouts and pumpkin seeds!
- To soak the cashews you can either soak the cashews overnight in the fridge, or if you're spontaneous you quick soak them by placing them in hot water (hot water = boiling water that's been cooled down for about 30 seconds) for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water.