These toasted coconut chocolate bites are the ultimate sweet bite you need in your life whenever you get that strong urge for something sweet! Easy to make, no cooking required and they can be stored in the freezer so they’ll last for ages! Providing that you don’t eat them all!
As I’m writing this, I’m enjoying one of these toasted coconut chocolate bites, with a cup of hot steaming earl grey tea! So gooood!!
I just love no bake bites! I have shared carrot cake bliss balls, orange cinnamon apricot bites, and these vegan raspberry cream cups and now I’m sharing these toasted coconut chocolate bites! What all four of these no bakes bites have in common is that they are indulgent tasting, easy to make and incredibly satisfying!
And if you’re a fan of coconut and chocolate, then this recipe is definitely something for you!
Like most no bake sweets, these toasted coconut chocolate bites consist of a base of dates to sweeten and to bind the whole mixture together!
The toasted coconut, date and almonds mixture is pressed into a form, and then a delicious chocolate ganache is poured all over. The chocolate ganache is so simple to make; all you need is coconut oil, cocoa powder and honey. Melt the oil, add the cocoa and honey and whisk until smooth!
If it curdles, don’t fret. It can happen if a little bit of water gets into the mixture! The antidote for curdles chocolate is… WATER! Add a small splash of lukewarm water and whisk, add a little bit of more if needed, and before you know it, you’ll have a smooth chocolate ganache again!
Spread the ganache evenly, sprinkle over toasted coconut and freeze for an hour or two so the chocolate can set!
Once set, remove from the freezer and and cut into squares. I like to cut them into quite small squares, about 2 cm x 2 cm (1″ x 1″), as I find that’s the perfect size to cure a sweet tooth!
These toasted coconut chocolate bites can be stored in the freezer, where they will stay fresh up to a month! But I dare to say that they will be eaten up way before that! If they last over two weeks, well done you! And if they don’t, don’t worry they’re healthy 😉
Toasted Coconut Chocolate Bites
- 250 g / 2 cups dates
- 100 g / 1 cup + 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 50 g / 1/3 cup almonds
- pinch of sea salt
- 50 g / 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 60 ml / 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 60 ml / 1/4 cup honey
- Heat a large dry frying pan. Once hot, add the coconut and toast it. Stir it all the time, so it doesn't burn. Once it starts to colour, remove the pan and keep stirring until evenly toasted. Transfer over to a plate and leave to cool. Once cooled, reserve 1/4 of the toasted coconut (to sprinkle over the chocolate ganache)
- Pit the dates. Place the dates in a food processor with the almonds, toasted coconut and a pinch of salt. Pulse until sticky and all ingredients have been incorporated. Press the mixture with slightly oily hands into a 23 cm x 15 cm (9" x 6") form, lined with baking paper.
- Mix the melted coconut oil, cocoa powder and honey in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour over the toasted coconut date mixture and spread it even with a spatula. Sprinkle the reserved toasted coconut over the ganache.
- Place in the freezer for 1 to two hours. Cut into evenly squares and enjoy!