A fresh & spicy sriracha chicken salad with a yogurt dressing. Eat it as it is, make it into a wrap or add some quinoa or rice!
Creating this dish, I was actually making something else at first, but as I didn’t have the hot sauce I wanted, I used sriracha instead. Which turned out really well, but as I tasted it, I decided that this sriracha chicken would do better served in a different way, as the sriracha made the chicken a little bit spicier than intended. So I made a sweetcorn salad with a sriracha yogurt dressing, as spice and sweetcorn is a match made in heaven. And it’s always nice to top of your salad with a dressing.
If you have a bottle with sriracha thats about to run out, pour yogurt into the bottle and give it a shake and BAM, you got yourself the perfect bottle to drizzle your dressing onto salads.
The chicken breast in this recipe are rubbed with a little bit of melted butter, smoked paprika and sriracha and then baked in the oven.
Chicken breast is lean and a good source of most b-vitamins, especially B-3(niacin) and B-6 (pyridoxine), as well as being a good source of many minerals, especially zinc and selenium. As this sriracha chicken salad is pretty low carb, you can add some quinoa or brown rice. Or make a wrap!
Sriracha chicken salad
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp melted butter or oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 paprika
- 3 tsp sriracha
- 1 garlic glove minched
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50 ml / 1/3 cup yogurt (I used 3%)
- 0.5 tsbp sriracha to taste, start with less if you're sensitive to spice
- Pinch of salt.
- 0.5 tbsp olive oil
- Mixed salad I used romaine and rocket/arugula
- Red onions
- Cherry tomatoes
- Turn the oven on 200°C/gas mark 6/. Rub the chicken breast with butter/oil. Add the seasoning and rub it in. Bake in the oven for 15-20 min, or until the inner temperature is 72°C in the thickest part of the chicken (or until the inner part is no longer pink) Take out, cover with foil or greaseproof paper and let rest for 10 min before eating.
- Mix yogurt and sriracha. Add salt to taste
- Dress the salad with oil.
- Assemble salad on a plate. Place sweetcorn, tomato and red onion on top. Slice up the chicken and spread over salad. Drizzle over sriracha. Enjoy