Shredded Chicken Red Cabbage Salad with a Ginger and Soy Dressing – A quick and easy meal you can whip up in no time using rotisserie chicken! Serve with rice, noodles or quinoa for a complete meal!
This shredded chicken red cabbage salad is a perfect meal to make on days when you need something that’s quick and easy to make and still being healthy and nourishing. Just buy a rotisserie chicken, shred the veg on a mandolin (if you don’t have one, get one, it’s truly a great tool to have in the kitchen) You can slice the cabbage, peppers and radishes on the mandolin which will make the job for you in no time!
The soy and ginger dressing for this salad is super simple. Use tamari soy (or a low sodium soy sauce), rapeseed oil (or another mild / neutral tasting oil) and minced ginger. Place all ingredients in a jar with a lid and give it a good shake!
This salad is great with basmasti rice, quinoa or rice noodles!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE SHREDDED CHICKEN RED CABBAGE SALAD
The colours of this chicken red cabbage salad is a tell sign of it being loaded with nutrients!
- Red Cabbage – Provides vitamin K, vitamin b6 folate and vitamin C. Rich in an antioxidant called anthocyanin which has been linked to cardiovascular health and can help to keep your cells healthy
- Yellow Pepper – Exceptional source of vitamin C but also rich in folate and vitamin A, all important for a strong immune system!
- Sprouted mung beans – Source vitamin C and K. Also provides copper and zinc, which are both essential for the body’s own production of antioxidants!
- Chicken – Great source of selenium, zinc, vitamin B3 an B6!
If you’re a vegetarian /vegan, you can easily make this vegan by swapping the chicken for tofu. Simply stir fry it and then add it to the salad!
If you’re into red cabbage, check out these recipes using red cabbage.
- Miso salmon with sesame red cabbage, another easy weeknight dinner!
- Spicy quinoa stuffed red cabbage rolls, perfect vegan meal for the holidays
- Portobello Black Bean Tacos, a 15 minute meal!
- Roasted Root Vegetable Harvest Salad – Perfect salad using winter veg
A veggie loaded red cabbage salad with shredded chicken, finished with a soy and ginger dressing. A great weeknight dinner!
- 150 g / about 2 handfuls finely shredded red cabbage
- 3-4 radishes, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 spring onions, sliced
- 1 handful of mung beans
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded (or half a rotisserie chicken)
- 3 tbsp tamari soy (or low sodium light soy sauce)
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil (or any other neutral tasting oil)
- 1.5 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
Make the dressing by placing all ingredients in a jar. Put the lid on and give it a good shake.
Place all the ingredients for the salad in a bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix together. Add salt if needed.
Serve the salad with rice, noodles or quinoa for a more hearty meal. Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced spring onions.
- If meal prepping - make the salad and add the dressing just before serving.
- Dairy free and nut free
- Gluten free? Use GF soy sauce - tamari is usually gluten free but not all brands are GF so check the label