Switch up your beef burger with these rosemary salmon burgers! Outrageously delicious and perfect to make when feeding many. Serve with roasted garlic mayo, rocket, pea shoots and a few slices of cucumber for that extra touch of freshness!
The chef and I live in a flat. Not ideal for two people dreaming about country life with a big garden, but when you live the city life you have to deal with living in a flat. Luckily, we have a balcony and each year we grow loads of herbs, edible flowers and tomatoes! The chef is pretty ingenious as he has built all the flower boxes out of pallets that frames our balcony. He has also made a herb box out of a whole pallet as well! He’s so good with converting pallets to different furnitures, I think I need to convince him to share all his creations on pinterest!
On our balcony, we are now growing rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, basil, thai basil, chives, mint, lavender and we also have a mini mini bay leaf tree! So we are pretty sorted for herbs this summer! The only herbs we don’t really grow (that we eat regularly) are parsley and coriander, as we can pick them up for nothing at our local veg shop and to be honest we eat much of both we’d have to allocate all our growing space to parsley and coriander to cover our intake!
Now- let’s talk about these rosemary salmon burgers!
Firstly, these salmon burgers are a great way to get your omega-3s! Salmon is a excellent source of omega-3, which are incredibly important for health!
These fatty acids are important for heart health and it’s important for the brains development and function! Omega-3s can improve cardiovascular health and can also reduce inflammation in the body!
Salmon is also an excellent source of vitamin D, which is not present in many foods. The sun is the major source of our vitamin D, but food wise, salmon is one of the best food sources of vitamin D! Vitamin D is important for bone health, supporting the immune system and to reduce inflammation as well!
Salmon is also a good source of most B-vitamins, vitamin E (which also works as an antioxidant in the body!) and selenium!
Secondly, these salmon burgers are so incredibly tasty! I just love the combination of rosemary and salmon, and the roasted garlic mayo adds that nice mellow garlicky flavour without being too overpowering!
I like to serve this salmon burger with rocket/arugula, as it adds a nice pepperiness, a handful of pea shoots and a few slices of cucumber for some crisp and freshness!
Rosemary Salmon Burgers
- 500 g salmon fillet, de-boned and skin removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 0.25 tsp pepper
roasted garlic mayo
- 4 tsp roasted garlic puree
- 4 tbsp mayonaise
- salt to taste (if needed)
- Rocket (arugula)
- pea shoots
- burger buns
- Place the salmon in a food processor with the rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper and pulse until the salmon is a coarsley chopped (about 3-4 times, depending on how powerful your food processor is). Take out the mix and and form into four evenly sized burgers.
- Fry the burgers in a little bit of oil/butter on medium high heat, for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Prepare the mayonnaise whilst the salmons are frying by combining the roasted garlic, mayo and salt in a bowl and whisk with a fork or a spoon until combined.
- Arrange the burgers by placing rocket/arugula on the bottom, fresh cucumber slices, salmon burger, roasted garlic mayo, and top with pea shoots!
- Nut free & dairy free
- Gluten free - Use GF burger buns
- recipe for roasted garlic puree recipe
- Fresh garlic can be used instead of roasted garlic puree. It will be more garlicky but just as tasty! But if using fresh garlic, use about 1-2 garlic minced cloves, or more to your taste.