This peanut butter chickpea curry takes less than 20 minutes to make! Quicker than ordering a take away!
One of the best things with canned chickpeas is that you can have dinner ready in no time. Just open the can, add a few veggies and you have a filling salad. Or you can make this peanut butter chickpea curry, which takes no time at all to make.
It takes, all in all, with prep and cooking, less than 20 min to make this delicious curry!
Perfect for those days when you’re short on time!
The peanut butter in this curry is what really makes this curry special. It provides a deep, rich flavour that works in harmony with all the other flavours!
Peanut Butter Chickpea Curry – Nutrition Breakdown
- Turmeric – One of the most hyped spices at the moment, and I’m sure some of you have probably heard of golden milk, in which turmeric is the main ingredient. Turmeric contains a compound called curcumin, which gives turmeric its golden colour. Curcumin has been shown to have loads of health benefits, such as being be anti-inflammatory, as well as having anti-oxidative properties, protecting your cell from damage!
- Manganese – This mineral helps to protect your body against UV light damage and also helps to neutralise free radicals.
- Copper – Essential for pigmentation of the hair, for cardiovascular health, metabolism of iron, cartilage production!
This peanut butter chickpea curry with fresh coriander, but if you’re not a fan of coriander you can add some parsley. Add some rice or cauliflower rice and a green salad and you’re good to go!
Love peanut butter? Check out these peanut butter recipes
- Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream – Banana & Peanut Butter is a match made in heaven! And this nice cream is perfect.
Black rice, vegetable and egg bowls with peanut sauce – A hearty and incredibly filling salad topped with the most amazing peanut sauce!
- Cauliflower Steaks with Spicy Peanut Sauce – This meal is loaded with flavour and a total crowd pleaser!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER CHICKPEA CURRY
This peanut butter chickpea butter curry is vegan, gluten free and super easy to make. Takes 20 minutes to make, from start to finish, so quicker to make than ordering a take away!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 shallot , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger , minced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 large carrot , sliced into thin batons
- 1/2 red pepper , sliced
- 0.5 thai chilli (remove seeds if you don't like heat, or use 1 whole chilli if you do like heat)
- 1 can chickpeas (230 g net weight)
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ml)
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
Fry the shallots in oil on medium low heat for a couple of minutes.
Add the garlic, ginger and fry for a minute.
Add the carrots and pepper and fry for another minute.
Then add the turmeric and chilli. Fry for a minute, then add the coconut milk
Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
Add the chickpeas and peanut butter. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for a couple of minutes.
Serve with rice or cauliflower rice. Garnish with chopped coriander/cilantro
Originally published in March 2016. Updated with new pictures, video, words and a slight adjustment in the recipe.