Oven Baked Sweet Potato Rosti! A protein rich and nutrient packed dish that is perfect for a weekend brunch!
I love brunch! Breakfast is good too, but there is something about eating the first thing in the morning when you’re eyes are still bleary that I kind of struggle with sometimes.
But brunch is that perfect meal you eat mid-morning, when you’ve had time to fully wake up after a (hopefully) blissful sleep and time to really build up a hunger and that you can make without any stress!
And the result?
This savoury sweet potato rosti, finished with a black bean salsa, avocado and a poached egg. All these ingredients make a winning combo and also make THE perfect brunch dish for a weekend!
You can’t go wrong with a poached egg can you?
Not only is this sweet potato rosti incredibly tasty, it’s also LOADED with nutrients!
It is rich in
- Blood building iron that helps to transport oxygen in the body, keeping you energised!
- Magnesium, which is needed for more than 300 functions in the body!
- Immune boosting zinc, which you also need for healthy nails, skin and hair!
- Vitamins B-12, important for a healthy nervous system and also needed for blood cell production!
- Vitamin A, needed for healthy eye vision and healthy skin!
- Skin boosting vitamin E, which also can protect your membranes form oxidative stress!
Full of complex carbs, fibre, protein, healthy fats and vitamins and minerals, this veggie meal will keep you full for longer and give you the energy you need to conquer the day ahead!
So if you want to make yourself a tasty and healthy brunch this weekend, make this oven baked sweet potato rosti! You won’t regret it!
Oven Baked Sweet Potato Rosti with Black Bean Salsa and Poached Egg! Loaded with nutrients and perfect for a weekend brunch! Dairy Free and Gluten Free!
- 300 g / 10.5 oz sweet potato about 1 small
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 egg
- Salt pepper
- 150 g / 1 cup tinned black beans, drained, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tomatoes, diced (or 8-10 cherry tomatoes)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1/2 tbsp honey (add to taste)*
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 pinch salt
- 0.5-1 avocado
Preheat the oven to 200°c /gas mark 6/ 390°F. Peel and grate the sweet potato. Whisk the egg in a bowl. Add the grated sweet potato, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Divide the potato mixture into two equal parts and place on the oven tray. Form the rösti around 10 cm in diameter and 2,5 cm high. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden.
Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl except honey. Taste and add honey if needed depending on how sweet the tomatoes are. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
Bring a small pan filled with 2/3 full of water to the boil.
Once boiling, bring down to a simmer. Add the vinegar and create a whirlpool in the water by whisking with a whisk. Crack the eggs in a small cup, one at the time. Gently add the egg to the simmering whirlpool and poach for 3-4 minutes, depending on how large the egg is. Lift up the egg with a slotted spoon after 3 minutes. Prod the egg, the egg white should be firm but were the egg yolk is it should be soft. Once done, remove from the water and place on kitchen roll.
Remove the rostis from the oven and gently remove them from the greaseproof paper.
Assemble the rostis by adding sliced avocado, black bean salsa and top with the poached egg. Finish with chilli flakes, fresh parsley or coriander/cilantro
- Add honey to taste, as tomatoes can vary in sweetness!