Chocolate Granola is perfect for all you chocolate lovers out there! It’s great for breakfast as well as a healthier sweet snack!
Homemade Chocolate Granola – Healthy and delicious!
Making your own granola is fun, easy and it’s a great way to keep your food costs down if you tend to buy it on a regular basis! By making your own granola you know what’s in it, and eating something homemade always tastes better, don’t you agree?
And if you love chocolate cereals, this chocolate granola is for you! It’s perfect together with milk, yogurt and fresh fruit and berries, or to simply nibble on if you’re feeling a little bit peckish.
Chocolate Granola – Nutrition tidbits
- Pumpkin seeds – A source of zinc which is essential for wound healing, strong hair and for cognitive function
- Oats – Packed with dietary fibre that can help to keep your cholesterol levels in check and also keeps your gut healthy.
- Almonds – Rich in vitamin E which helps to keep your heart healthy and your skin supple.
How to modify this chocolate granola?
You can swap half the oats for millet flakes, buckwheat flakes or quinoa flakes if you want to switch up things a little! The same goes for the nuts and seeds, for example you can swap the almonds for sunflower seeds!
If you need to make it gluten free, use certified gluten free oats and keep it vegan by using golden syrup or maple syrup.
If you love granola, make sure you check out this Buckwheat Granola, it’s crunchy and delicious and it’s also completely grain and gluten free!
Delicious homemade crunchy chocolate granola! Delicious with some yogurt, milk and fresh berries!
- 350 g rolled oats (about 4 cups)
- 150 g almonds (or sunflower seeds)
- 150 g pumpkin seeds
- 70 g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 100 g (1/2 cup) coconut oil
- 110 g ( 1/3 cup) golden syrup (or honey or maple syrup)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- small pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 175°C fan
Place coconut oil, syrup, cocoa powder and salt in a sauce pan and whisk to combine. Heat up until it's just about to boil and set a side to slightly cool.
Combine all the other ingredients in a large bowl.
Pour over the coconut and syrup mixture and mix with a big spoon until combined.
Spread the mixture evenly on two lined baking trays.
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool without stirring. Once cooled, break the granola into smaller clusters and transfer to an airtight container.
Serve with yogurt, milk and fresh fruit and berries.