This Banana Peanut Butter Nice Cream with Chocolate Sauce is a decadent, indulgent tasting healthy treat that’s easy to make and comes together in less than 10 minutes!
For many many years I’ve enjoyed eating frozen fruit and berries. When I was a child, I used to pick red currants from our garden, freeze them and later eat them as a snack. And then I did the same with bananas! I used to slice them and enjoy the frozen slices, and I did that for many years until I learnt that if you blend frozen bananas, you basically get a soft serve and is most commonly known as nice cream!
And today I’m sharing my favourite nice cream recipe; banana peanut butter nice cream with the easiest chocolate sauce ever! No cooking is required to make the chocolate sauce!
All you need to make the chocolate sauce is a jar with a lid and the ingredients for the chocolate sauce. Place all the ingredients in the jar, put the lid on and give it a good shake. And then the chocolate sauce is ready to be enjoyed! Check the video above, you can see how easy it is!
And the best thing with this chocolate sauce is that it’s not only super tasty, but also jammed with health benefits too!
Chocolate for example, is
- Rich in magnesium, a mineral which is vital for over 300 enzymatic processes in the body! Magnesium is needed for nerve signalling and for DNA synthesis!
- A great source of powerful antioxidants that can protect your skin against sun damage!
- It can boost your brain and make you more alert!
- Can lower blood pressure, as the flavanols found in chocolate can widen the blood vessels, which can lower blood pressure!
More over, this banana peanut butter nice cream is a good source of potassium, vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B6, as well as the minerals magnanese and copper! AND it’s rich in fibre!!! So this nice cream is seriously nutrient dense, making it a great alternative to other ice creams.
This banana peanut butter nice cream is the perfect treat when you want something that tastes seriously indulgent but is healthy for you at the same time! This nice cream is best enjoyed right after it’s prepared, but depending on your blender, it may become to loose if you blend it too long. If it does, place it in the freezer for 15 minutes to help it solidify so you get that nice, nice cream texture to it!
Banana Peanut Butter Nice Cream
Banana and Peanut Butter Nice Cream
- 250 g frozen sliced bananas (2 large bananas!)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp runny honey ( I used acacia) (or maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp water
- small pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients to the chocolate sauce in a jar with a lid. Close the lid and give it a good shake.
Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Place the frozen bananas and peanut butter in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve the banana peanut nice cream with the chocolate sauce and top with peanuts.
- The chocolate sauce is a generous portion! If you get any over, save it as it will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days! It's great on porridge, yogurt or on fruit salad.