This chocolate mousse is the perfect dessert for all chocolate lovers out there! Top this with fresh berries or fruits of your choice to make it complete! Dairy free and gluten free. Prep time includes chilling time of at least 1 hour.
- 2 eggs, separated (room temperature)
- 80 ml / 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 100 g dark chocolate >70%
- 2 tsp caster sugar
Break/chop the chocolate into smaller pieces and place in a heatproof bowl.
Heat the coconut cream on medium heat until liquified and hot (but not boiling)
Pour the hot coconut cream over the broken chocolate and whisk until melted. Add the egg yolk and whisk quickly until smooth and glossy. Set aside.
Whisk the egg whites until it gets white and fluffy. Add the sugar and whisk until firm and fluffy.
Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until just combined (don't overfold!)
Pour into 4 pots / ramekins and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Serve the chocolate mousse with fresh fruit or berries!
- Make sure you use the fresh, room temperature eggs.
- Note about raw eggs: This recipe uses raw eggs. If you have any concerns about eating raw eggs, use pasteurised eggs.
- Can be prepared one day ahead.