Peanut Butter Chickpea Curry
This peanut butter chickpea butter curry is vegan, gluten free and super easy to make. Takes 20 minutes to make, from start to finish, so quicker to make than ordering a take away!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 shallot , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger , minced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 large carrot , sliced into thin batons
- 1/2 red pepper , sliced
- 0.5 thai chilli (remove seeds if you don't like heat, or use 1 whole chilli if you do like heat)
- 1 can chickpeas (230 g net weight)
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ml)
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
Fry the shallots in oil on medium low heat for a couple of minutes.
Add the garlic, ginger and fry for a minute.
Add the carrots and pepper and fry for another minute.
Then add the turmeric and chilli. Fry for a minute, then add the coconut milk
Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
Add the chickpeas and peanut butter. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for a couple of minutes.
Serve with rice or cauliflower rice. Garnish with chopped coriander/cilantro