Berry Baked Oats
Berry Baked Oats - Just as good for breakfast as for an afternoon snack! Perfect meal to make when feeding a crowd. Serves 8 breakfast portions and 16 snack portions.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 480 ml / 2 cups milk of your choice
- 4 eggs
- 0.5 tsp vanilla powder / vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp golden syrup (honey or maple syrup works too)
- 0.25 tsp baking soda
- 501 grams / 1/2 cup desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 180 grams / 2 cups porridge oats (use certified gluten free for a gluten free version)
- 300 g / 3 cups frozen mix berries (in this recipe a mixture of strawberries, raspberries, black currant and red currants were used)
Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan
Whisk the egg, milk, baking soda, vanilla and syrup until combined.
Add oats, coconut and berries and mix with a spoon.
Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish (around 20 x 30 cm)
Bake in the middle in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until slightly golden on top and firm.
Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Serve with greek yogurt, peanut butter (or any nut butter if you wish) and for extra sweetness drizzle with a little bit of sweetener of your choice.