Beetroot and Lentil Salad
A warm and hearty beetroot and lentil salad with an avocado basil dressing!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 100 g Beetroots (abut 2 beets
- 100 g Carrots (about medium sized 2 carrots)
- 100 g 1/2 cup beluga lentils
- handfuls of spinach
- flat-leaf parsley
- 35 g 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 chioggia beetroot
Avocado Basil Dressing
- 1 avocado
- Handful of basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- 2-4 tbsp water
- 0.5 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 225°C / 200°C fan
Wash and scrub the beetroots and carrot.
Cut into evenly sized pieces and mix with a little bit of oil and salt and pepper.
Spread the vegetables on a lined baking tray and bake for around 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Whilst the vegetables are roasting, cook the lentils according to packet instructions.
Finely slice the chioggia beetroot on a mandolin or with a sharp knife. Toast the pumpkin seeds.
Make the avocado basil dressing by combining all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add water until desired consistency.
Assemble the salad by mixing spinach, flat-leaf parsley, roasted veg, cooked lentils, raw sliced beetroots and pumpkin seeds. Serve it with the avocado dressing.
- If you want to toast your pumpkin seeds, heat a dry frying pan on medium- high heat. Add the pumpkin seeds and toast for a couple of minute, or until golden brown. Constantly move the pan whilst toasting the pumpkin seeds.