Red Cabbage Salad with Shredded Chicken
A veggie loaded red cabbage salad with shredded chicken, finished with a soy and ginger dressing. A great weeknight dinner!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 150 g / about 2 handfuls finely shredded red cabbage
- 3-4 radishes, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 spring onions, sliced
- 1 handful of mung beans
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded (or half a rotisserie chicken)
Soy and Ginger Dressing
- 3 tbsp tamari soy (or low sodium light soy sauce)
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil (or any other neutral tasting oil)
- 1.5 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
Make the dressing by placing all ingredients in a jar. Put the lid on and give it a good shake.
Place all the ingredients for the salad in a bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix together. Add salt if needed.
Serve the salad with rice, noodles or quinoa for a more hearty meal. Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced spring onions.
- If meal prepping - make the salad and add the dressing just before serving.
- Dairy free and nut free
- Gluten free? Use GF soy sauce - tamari is usually gluten free but not all brands are GF so check the label