Buckwheat Granola - A gluten, grain and nut free version! Perfect to sprinkle over yogurt or a smoothie bowl.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
- 260 g / 1.5 cups buckwheat groats
- 80 ml / 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp oil (rapeseed oil or coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 90 g / 3/4 cups pumpkin
- 120 g / 3/4 cups sunflower seeds
- 50 / 1/3 cups linseeds
Preheat the oven to 150°C / 300°F
Rinse the buckwheat in hot water (or according to the instructions on the package) and drain in a sieve. Give it a shake to remove excess water.
Combine the rinsed buckwheat with the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined.
Divide the mixture into to even sized mixtures and spread on two lined baking trays.
Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes. Stir the granola from time to time.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Once cooled, transfer the granola to airtight container and keep in room temperature.
- Use raw buckwheat groats - there are roasted varieties in the shops but this recipe calls for raw buckwheat groats
- As for rinsing, some brands may pre rinse their buckwheat. Read the labels carefully and in doubt, give the buckwheat a rinse in hot water.
- This recipe is gluten free, but check the package to ensure that the buckwheat is completely gluten free
- When this granola is done, it's not going to be bone dry. Instead may still be slightly "wet". However, once cooled down it will "dry out"