Almond Cake Recipe
This Almond Cake Recipe is so easy to make and is a great cake to serve for a party. It's gluten free and dairy free, and to keep it dairy free, use dairy free cream such as coconut cream. Top with seasonal berries and fruits! Serves 6-8 persons.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 100 g egg whites (3 large egg whites)
- 100 g caster sugar (1/2 cups)
- 150 g almond flour (1 1/2 cups)
- 100 g whipped cream
- 3 tbsp greek yogurt
- handful of berries
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder (or vanilla essence)
- 1/3 handful strawberries (halved)
- 1/3 handful raspberries
- 1/3 handful blueberries
- 4 - 5 sprigs mint
- drizzle honey
- edible flowers
Preheat the oven to 175°C
Whip eggs until stiff peaks form.
Add the sugar slowly to the whipped eggs and whip until glossy and firm.
Gently fold in the almond flour and fold until just mixed.
Grease baking tin with a diameter of 20 cm. Pour and spread the batter with a spatula into the form.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool. when cool place onto a serving tray.
Whilst the cake base is cooling whip the cream until it becomes firm and can hold its shape then fold in the greek yogurt. Then spread the cream on top of the cake base.
Top with berries of your choice, garnish with sprigs of mint and finish with a drizzle of honey. And edible flowers if you have them available.
- I have added volume measurements, but I recommend you to use weight measurements if possible!
- To make this completely dairy free, use a dairy free cream such as coconut cream or soy cream.
- You can use only whipped cream as topping if you want. I like to add a little bit of greek yogurt to my whipped cream to add more body.