Prawn Avocado Open Sandwich
A delicious sandwich with prawns, boiled eggs, dill and avocado cream, lettuce and cucumber! Add a squeeze of lemon juice and the sandwich is complete!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 2 ripe avocados
- Handful of dill
- 0.5 zest of lemon
- lemon juice from half a lemon (or to taste)
- salt & pepper
- 2 slices of rye bread
- 250 g peeled prawns
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced.
- 1 lettuce leaves
- sliced cucumber (about 3-4 on each sandwich)
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedges
Place all the ingredients for the avocado cream in a blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the dill and lemon juice to your taste. Season with salt and pepper.
Prepare the sandwiches by diving the avocado cream on two slices of bread of your choice. Arrange the rest of the ingredients by placing lettuce, cucumber slices, sliced hard boiled egg and prawns.
Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper and a sprig of dill and a lemon wedge.
- Depending on how large your avocados are, the avocado cream may yield more than two portions. You want there to be a generous amount on each bread slice, but not to much. Any left overs can be used to either make another prawn sandwich or you can serve it as a side to a salad or make an avocado toast with it!
- Make sure your avocados are ripe!
- Freshly hand peeled cooked prawns are best, but prawns in brine work too.
- Gluten free? Serve it on gluten free bread.
- If not gluten free, I highly recommend rye bread.