You only need 2 ingredients to make these incredibly refreshing lime watermelon ice lollies!
Watermelon is the ultimate fruit to eat on a hot summers day. It’s hydrating, refreshing and cooling.
But on really hot days, you may need something that even more cooling than fresh watermelon, and there is where these watermelon ice lollies come to play.
They are incredibly sweet, delicious and refreshing! And what’s even better is that you only need 2 ingredients to make these – Watermelon and lime! The watermelon adds plenty of sweetness and the lime complements the flavour beautifully so they don’t need any additional sweetener to them!
Watermelon Ice Lollies – Nutrition Tidbits
- Vitamin A – These watermelon ice lollies are a good source of vitamin A, which helps to keep your immune system strong and also essential for healthy eyes!
- Vitamin C – Eating these lollies also provides you with a good dose of vitamin C, which helps to keep your skin healthy and supple and also aids with the absorption of iron.
- Lycopene – Watermelon is rich in lycopene, which gives watermelon its red colour and also works as an antioxidant in the body. Lycopene may protect against cardiovascular disease (1) and it can also protect the skin against UV damage (2)!
- Water – Watermelon consist of over 90% water!!! So it truly lives up to its name watermelon!
If you’re eating your own weight in watermelon during the summer months as I do, check out these other watermelon recipes like this watermelon gazpacho, watermelon, feta and chilli salad, watermelon shake or this halloumi, peach and watermelon salad!
Watermelon Ice Lollies
- 500 g / 1.1 lb watermelon flesh, deseeded
- 1/2 lime, juice and zest
- Place the watermelon, lime juice and zest in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Divide into ice lolly moulds and place in the freezer until frozen.