Cooling, refreshing and nourishing, this watermelon gazpacho is one of the best things you can eat during summer. No cooking required, all you need is a blender and you’re good to go.
Gazpacho has to be one of the best things you can eat during summer. It’s cooling, refreshing and satisfying, whilst being extremely healthy at the same time!
A win-win in my world!
Another amazing thing about gazpacho is that it is so easy to make. There isn’t even any cooking included. At all.
All you need to do is to chop your vegetables, place them all in a blender and blend until smooth. And season generously with salt and pepper. And then it’s done.
This soup is best eaten chilled, so add an ice cube or two if it’s hot outside or if the soup if the lukewarm.
As this watermelon gazpacho is loaded with vegetables, it’s also loaded with nutrients making it a real nutrient bomb! In this soup, you’ll find
- Vitamin A – Plays an important role in maintaining healthy eye vision and is also crucial for your immune system. Helps to keep your skin supple and healthy.
- Vitamin C– Crucial for the maintainence of connective tissue and collagen production, which is good for keeping your skin in good condition. Vitamin C is also a key player in keeping your immune system strong.
- Vitamin E – Acts like a antioxidant in the body. Prevents cells from oxidative stress and can have a good impact on your heart health.
- Vitamin B6 – Required for the production of red blood cells and can keep you feeling healthy, as well as being needed for the production of the neurotransmitters.
- Magnesium – A very important mineral that is needed for over 300 processes in the body, such as aiding with energy production in the body and nerve signalling.
- Copper – Together with zinc, copper is a part of one of the most powerful antioxidants in the body. Also important for upkeep of connective tissue and keeping the immune system strong.
Just to name a few.
And as this soup is not cooked, vitamins in the soup that is normally sensitive to heat, such as vitamin C and vitamin Bs’ are kept intact, making it even more nutritious!
This watermelon gazpacho tastes a lot like a traditional gazpacho, but with a hint of watermelon. That adds a bit of sweetness and a bit of a taste of summer.
Serve this with some toasted pumpkin seeds , diced watermelon and cucumber and finish of with a drizzle of olive oil and you’re all set!
The ultimate summer soup to cool you down in the eat! It's also super healthy and incredibly refreshing!
- 1 red pepper
- 200 g cubed watermelon
- 1 green pepper
- 1 cucumber.
- 430 g red ripe tomatoes
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1 small red onion
- 60 ml 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry wine vinegar
Peel the cucumber and dice it.
Chop all vegetables into small pieces.
Place in a bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar and a good pinch of salt.
Leave to infuse for 15-30 minutes.
Transfer all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Taste and add pepper and more salt if needed. This soup required a good pinch of salt.
Serve with toasted pumpkin seeds, diced watermelon and cucumber