Salmon Salad with cold smoked salmon, potatoes, asparagus and radishes. This is the perfect salad for spring and summer! Serve it as a part of a buffet dinner or bring it for a picnic in the park!
All I want to do now when the sun’s out and the temperature’s getting warmer is to have a picnic in the park and bask in the sun all day.
And on those days, this salmon salad is perfect to bring along!
It’s an easy, fuss free and fresh salad that’s perfect for picnics, dinner parties or when you just want to have a light but filling dinner!
This salmon salad consist of cold smoked salmon, potatoes, lamb leaves, radishes, asparagus, red onion and boiled eggs, all finished with a delicious dijon and honey vinaigrette and chopped chives!
This salad is also great if you’re having a buffet dinner, as the salad can easily can be made in a big batch to feed many!
Spring Salmon Salad
- 150 g cold smoked salmon
- 80 g radishes, halved (about 7-8)
- 200 g boiled potatoes, diced (about 3-4 medium sized)
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 6 asparagus spears
- 50 g lamb leaves (about 2 handfuls)
- 20 g pea shoots (optional)
Dijon and Honey Vinaigrette
- 2 tsp dijon
- 0.5 tsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Boil the eggs (for a slightly runny egg, I bring a pan of water to the boil, and then I place the eggs with the help of a spoon into the water, reduce the heat to a simmer and leave the eggs to cook for 6 minutes!). After the 6 minutes, place the eggs under cold running water. Peel and cut into half.
- Bring another pan (a large one) to the boil. Snap of the woody bottom part of the asparagus. Add salt and a small pinch of bicarbonate into the boiling water. Place the asparagus into the boiling water a boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and refresh.
- Make the vinaigrette by placing all the ingredients into a jar with a lid. Close the lid and give it a good shake or pour into a bowl and whisk until combined. Taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad by placing all the ingredients except the eggs and the vinaigrette into a large bowl and mix carefully with your hands or with spoon. Place the eggs in top and drizzle the dijon vinaigrette over the salt. Finish with chopped chives.