These spiced turkey meatballs with quinoa and yogurt sauce are loaded with flavour, easy to prepare and will keep you full for longer! Perfect for you weekly meal prep!
Today I’m bringing you a meatball recipe. Because, who doesn’t like meatballs?
These spiced turkey meatballs with quinoa and yogurt sauce are filling and easy to prepare! This meal has that comfort factor to it, but is at the same time fresh and light!
This meal is also perfect for meal prep so you’re set for the week ahead!
These spiced turkey meatballs are seasoned with cumin, ground coriander, minced garlic, paprika and cinnamon. And onion of course. Can’t make meatballs without onion!
The result is meatballs with big flavours that are incredibly moreish!
And the cherry on the cake is the yogurt sauce, which consist of plain yogurt, sriracha, minced garlic, paprika and a little bit of salt and pepper! Simple ingredients that together creates a deliciously creamy sauce. It compliments the meatballs beautifully and completes the whole dish!
I like to have these spiced turkey meatballs with quinoa, but you can swap quinoa for brown rice if you wish! If you’re watching your carb intake, you can swap the quinoa for cauliflower rice! As for the vegetables, feel free to add whatever you find in your fridge! I’ve had this sautéed savoy cabbage, sliced red peppers, cucumber etc etc. Most veggies will do!
One thing I always like to have on the side is fresh parsley, as it adds a nice fresh green flare to the dish! And I also like to add a handful of mixed seeds, as it adds a nice crunch to the meal.
As mentioned, these are great for meal prep, or just for feeding a big crowd, or on night when you want to eat something comfort-y that’s still fresh and nutrient dense!
Spiced Turkey Meatballs!
Spiced Turkey Meatballs
- 500 g / 1 lb turkey mince (ground turkey)
- 2 slices of bread, crust removed and finely chopped into small pieces ( I used sourdough bread)
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, medium sized
- 1 garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Handful of finely chopped parsley (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 240 ml / 1 cup plain yogurt 3 %
- 2.5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp sriracha, to taste
- 1 garlic glove
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mixed Seeds
- Grate the onion on a box grater. Combine the grated onion with the finely chopped bread. Massage and set aside so the bread can soak up the onion juice.
- Mix the onion and bread mixture with the turkey mince, egg, spices, parsley salt and pepper and mix until just combined.
- Oil your hands and roll the meatballs into evenly sized balls, about the size of a walnut.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan. Fry the meatballs on a high temperature at first so the meatballs turn golden brown, then reduce to medium heat for the meatballs to cook until done.
- Make the yogurt sauce by combining yogurt, mayonnaise, sriracha, paprika and a little bit of salt and pepper. Mix and add more sriracha/paprika/salt to taste!
- Serve the meatballs on a bed of quinoa (or rice) arrange your sliced vegetables. Drizzle over the yogurt sauce and sprinkle with mixed seeds.
- If the onions don't soak the bread properly, add a small splash of milk!
- I like to roll my meatballs with oiled hands, as opposed to wet hands, as this will give the meatballs a nicer cripsy surface. With wet hands the meatballs will have water on them and then they touch the frying pan they will be steamed for a few seconds instead of fried straight away