These semi dried tomatoes are great to snack on but also great added to salads, pastas, tapas and fish!
These semi dries tomatoes are a favourite at home!
We add them to salads, to our morning eggs, to pastas….
And sometimes we just snack on them as they’re are!
These semi dried tomatoes are super easy to make! All you need to do is to
- cut the tomatoes in half
- drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the tomatoes, sprinkle some roughly chopped garlic over them and maybe a little bit of basil of you wish!
- Then you roast them in the oven on a very low temperature for 4-6 hours, so they get partially dried!
You can also dry them in a dehydrator if you own one! But whatever method you choose, make sure to don’t dry them to long, you want the tomatoes to still be a little bit squishy!
Once semi dried, these semi dried tomatoes will stay fresh up to 1 week, when kept in the refrigerator covered in olive oil!
These semi dried tomatoes are perfect to snack on as they are, and they’re also great added to different dishes! Think eggs, fish, salads, meze platters, tapas, pastas… Basically any dish were tomatoes work, these semi dried tomatoes will do too! These semi dried tomatoes also add a lovely touch of umami to any dish they’re added to! Umami is considered being the fifth taste, and is what gives foods that intense moreish savoury flavour that’s so hard to resist!
Semi Dried Tomatoes
- 400 g Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 125°C / gas mark 1.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half length way and place them on a lined baking tray. Drizzle over with a little bit of olive oil. Sprinkle with finely chopped garlic and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 2-3 hours, or until slightly semi dried.
- If making these in a dehydrator, set the dehydrator on 65° and dehydrate the tomatoes for 5-6 hours.