Rosemary roasted butternut squash with cauliflower, red onions, rosemary and feta cheese.
During these colder months I crave more warm food and roasted vegetables are at the top of the list. The other day I roasted feta cheese together with the vegetables and it was soo good! I thought I’d share it with you.
Usually I eat feta cheese cold in salads or in dip, but it is great to bake and it works really well in this dish. The sweetness from the vegetables marries well with the saltiness from the feta.
It can be eaten on its own, or make it more of a full meal by adding red lentils or let it accompany your roast chicken.
Or why not add some quinoa or rice to it?
This recipe serves 4.
Rosemary roasted butternut squash and cauliflower
- 500 g butternut squash 1/2 butternut squash
- 400 g cauliflower half a head
- 1 red onion
- 150 g feta cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsbp rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 /200°C /375° F and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Slice the butternut squash to half moons, cut the cauliflower into equal sized florets and quarter the onions.
- Place the vegetables on the tray. Chop the rosemary. Sprinkle it over the vegetables, drizzle oil and season with salt and pepper. Rub in well into the vegetables. Crumble feta cheese evenly over.
- Roast in the oven for 35-40 min. Decorate with a few fresh sprigs of rosemary. Serve.