You’ll never guess the secret ingredient in this incredibly creamy raspberry ice cream!
I have one major weakness in my life when it comes to food.
I could eat it everyday. And sometimes I do.
And more often than not, I have this raspberry ice cream! It’s simply perfect; it tastes indulgent but is actually very good for you, meaning I can have ice cream every day!
This raspberry ice cream takes no time at all to make and is super easy to prepare. All you need are 5 ingredients and a blender. Chuck all ingredients in the blender, blitz it up and in less than five minutes you’ll have your raspberry ice cream ready.
Made with only raspberries, avocado (yes AVOCADO!!!), lemon juice and vanilla, maple syrup/honey this ice cream is suitable for almost everybody as it is
- Gluten free
- Soy Free
- Vegan (if using maple syrup)
- Nut free
The consistency of this ice cream is like a combination of sorbet and ice cream. It tastes like sorbet, but has that smooth creamy consistency of ice cream.
Filled with good monounsaturated fats, folate, potassium and vitamin C, this ice cream will give your body some serious goodness. This vegan raspberry ice cream also is loaded with fibre, as both avocado and raspberries are rich in fibre! So eating this ice cream is one way to up your fibre intake, in the most delicious way!
This vegan raspberry ice cream has a rich deep flavour and a natural sweetness to it, and if you want, you can omit the sweetener. I prefer to add a little bit of maple syrup or honey though, as I find that it helps to bring out more of the sweetness!
Either way, this vegan raspberry ice cream is truly satisfying!
I like to serve this ice cream as it is, but sometimes I like to add desiccated coconut, chopped nuts or with this super easy chocolate sauce! And sometimes I add all three things at the same time. Because why not?
Raspberry Ice Cream
- 500 g frozen raspberries
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and stone removed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender, with the raspberries on the bottom (as having them on the bottom of the blender makes the whole blending process faster and prevent the ice cream from getting too soft!)
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy straight away as a soft serve or place in the freezer for 1 hour to firm up! (see note 1)
- Add toppings such as desiccated coconut, chopped nuts or chocolate sauce if you wish!
- Depending on how large the dish is you place the ice cream in, the firming up time may vary! But you don't want the dish to be too large, as if the layer is too thin, it may be hard to scoop up the ice cream.
- And as this is not a traditional ice cream, it will get rock hard if you freeze it overnight. If you do so, let it thaw for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
- Freezing the ice cream completely and eating it later will make it slightly more crystallised, but the flavour will still be intact!
Originally published in May 2016. Updated with new pictures, video, words and a slight adjustment in the recipe.