Cottage Cheese Pancakes – These pancakes are easy to make, packed with protein that will keep you fuller for longer!
Cottage Cheese Pancakes – Perfect for breakfast as well as dinner!
Do you ever have days when you want to eat breakfast for dinner? When all you want to eat is a big pile of pancakes for dinner?
Then these cottage cheese pancakes are perfect for you! They are nutritious and delicious!
And another big bonus with these pancakes is that they are FILLING thanks to being packed with protein, with around 25 g protein per portion!
How to make Raspberry Chia Jam
These cottage cheese pancakes are served with a raspberry & banana chia jam! This jam is really easy to make and thanks to the chia seeds you get that jam-like texture as they swell up and thickens the jam.
To make this raspberry chia jam, simply mash the banana and mix with the raspberries and a little bit of honey (or sweetener of your choice). Add the chia seeds and leave for 10-15 minutes! And then it’s ready!
Cottage Cheese Pancakes – Nutrition Breakdown
These pancakes are incredibly filling and nutrient dense so they are good for any time of the day
- Thiamin: Also known as vitamin B1. Like all B-vitamins, thiamine is important for energy production in the body and it helps to keep your nervous system healthy.
- Riboflavin: Plays a part in the metabolism of iron and is important for the metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Niacin: Important for the production of serotonin, the “feel good” neurotransmitter
- Vitamin B12: Important for the production of myelin, which is the fatty shield protecting the nerves. Myelin is important for proper functioning of nerves!
- Magnesium: Helps to relax your muscles and can also have a positive effect in cognitive function.
- Vitamin E: Protects your cells against free radical damage.
By serving these pancakes with the raspberry chia jam, you’ll get an additional boost of vitamin C, vitamin B6, fibre and antioxidants!
Love pancakes? Check out these recipes
If you make this recipe, comment and rate it! And don’t forget to take a picture and @nutritionistmeetschef on Instagram and Facebook!
Cottage Cheese Pancakes with raspberry banana chia jam. Makes 2 very generous portions or 3 smaller ones!
- 225 g / 1 cup cottage cheese
- 50 g 1/3 cups + 2tbsp oat flour
- 3 eggs
- 200 g fresh or thawed raspberries
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp honey more or less to taste
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
Combine cottage cheese, oat flour and eggs. Whisk until combined. Leave to rest for 15 min. Whilst waiting, prepare the raspberry & banana chia jam.
Fry pancakes, using a little less than 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
Mash raspberries and bananas. Add chia seeds and honey. Leave to rest whilst frying pancakes.
Serve pancakes with jam. Add some coconut flakes on top. Enjoy!