Chilli Garlic Prawn Pasta Recipe – A fresh and speedy dinner you can have ready on the table in 20 minutes! Can easily be made both gluten free and dairy free!
This prawn pasta recipe is an effortless meal and takes no time at all to make it. It’s incredibly fresh, loaded with wonderful flavours and it is incredibly satisfying.
It’s simply pasta (preferably spaghetti or linguine) tossed with prawns fried in garlic & chilli, finished with parsley, lemon and parmesan. The lemon and the parsley keeps it really fresh and you can’t go wrong with garlic & chilli!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE PRAWN PASTA RECIPE
Prawn Pasta Recipe – Nutrition Breakdown
This prawn pasta recipe will provide you with
- Selenium – Prawns are an exceptional source of selenium, a mineral that’s essential to keep your thyroid healthy! It also works as an antioxidant in your body and protects your cells from free radicals.
- Zinc – A mineral that’s essential for a strong immune system! Also helps to keep your hair, skin and nails healthy.
- Vitamin A – Essential for healthy skin as it helps to regenerate the skin cells! Also important for eye health and immune function.
- Vitamin B12 – A vitamin that’s essential for the production of red blood cells, energy production and for a healthy nervous system!
- Vitamin E – This fat soluble vitamin is important for heart health and but also for maintaining healthy skin!
- Calcium – If you add parmesan to this prawn pasta, you’ll also get a good dose of calcium too which is important for strong bones!
If you want to add some extra veg to this meal, add or swap some of the spaghetti for some spiralized courgette / zucchini!
This meal can easily be gluten free by using gluten free pasta, and skip the parmesan if you need it to be dairy free. Either way it will still be utterly DELICIOUS!
Love pasta? Check out these recipes
- Lentil Bolognese – Taste just as good (if not better!) as its meaty counterpart!
- Beet Pesto – A true favourite and perfect together with pasta!
- Gluten Free Meatballs in Marinara Sauce – Juicy and flavour packed meatballs with pasta! A hearty and substantial meal!
- Butternut Squash Pasta – An incredibly creamy pasta despite having no cream in it at all!
If you make this recipe, please comment and rate it! And don’t forget to take a picture and @nutritionistmeetschef on Instagram!
An easy and quick recipe for a delicious prawn pasta! Make GF by using GF pasta and skip the parmesan to keep it dairy free.
- enough pasta for 2
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 200 g peeled prawns
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- parmesan / pecorino (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
Heat a large frying pan and add 2 tbsp olive oil to the pan. Fry the garlic and chilli on a medium heat until softened and fragrant. Add the prawns and cook until they've just turned colour from grey to pink.
Add half of the lemon zest and half of the parsley and cook for half a minute.
Add the pasta, the remaining of the olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper and toss the pasta
Squeeze the lemon into the pasta and add the remaining lemon zest and parsley. Toss around.
Divide the pasta on two plates and add a little bit of parmesan if you wish.