Chilli Garlic Prawn Pasta Recipe – A fresh and speedy dinner you can have ready on the table in 20 minutes! Can easily be made both gluten free and dairy free!
This prawn pasta recipe is one of my favourite pasta dishes and I’ve lost count of how many times the Chef’s made it for us. It’s such an effortless meal and it takes no time at all to make it. It’s so incredibly fresh, loaded with glorious flavours and is incredibly satisfying.
It’s simply pasta (we always go for spaghetti or linguine) tossed with prawns fried in garlic & chilli, finished with parsley, lemon and parmesan. The lemon and the parsley keeps it really fresh and you can’t go wrong with garlic & chilli! I’ve been told that combining seafood with cheese is a big no no in Italian cooking, but in my world it’s a big yes yes!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE THIS PRAWN PASTA RECIPE
As with most of my recipes, I like to do a little nutrition recap and this recipe is no exception.
This prawn pasta recipe will provide you with
- Selenium: Prawns are an exceptional source of selenium, a mineral that’s essential to keep your thyroid healthy! It also works as an antioxidant in your body and protects your cells from free radicals.
- Zinc: A mineral that’s essential for a strong immune system! Also helps to keep your hair, skin and nails healthy.
- Vitamin A: Essential for healthy skin as it helps to regenerate the skin cells! Also important for eye health and immune function.
- Vitamin B12: A vitamin that’s essential for the production of red blood cells!
- Vitamin E: This fat soluble vitamin is important for heart health and also for healthy skin!
- Calcium: If you add parmesan to this prawn pasta, you’ll also get a good dose of calcium too which is important for strong bones!
If you want to add some extra veg to this meal, add or swap some of the spaghetti for some spiralized courgette / zucchini!
This meal can easily be gluten free by using gluten free pasta, and skip the parmesan if you need it to be dairy free. Either way it will still be utterly DELICIOUS!
An easy and quick recipe for a delicious prawn pasta! Make GF by using GF pasta and skip the parmesan to keep it dairy free.
- enough pasta for 2
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 200 g peeled prawns
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- parmesan / pecorino (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
Heat a large frying pan and add 2 tbsp olive oil to the pan. Fry the garlic and chilli on a medium heat until softened and fragrant. Add the prawns and cook until they've just turned colour from grey to pink.
Add half of the lemon zest and half of the parsley and cook for half a minute.
Add the pasta, the remaining of the olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper and toss the pasta
Squeeze the lemon into the pasta and add the remaining lemon zest and parsley. Toss around.
Divide the pasta on two plates and add a little bit of parmesan if you wish.