Pesto is one of those things that I never get tired of eating! I love it and I always try to try out new varieties and lately I’ve been making this parsley almond pesto.
This recipe is an almond based pesto. I don’t often use pine nuts in my pesto, unless I want to make the authentic real deal with basil and pine nuts. I find that nuts such as almonds or seeds like pumpkin and sunflower seeds work just as good as pine nuts, if not even better!
If you have an allergy to almonds or don’t have them in, you can easily swap the almonds to sunflower or pumpkin seeds!
Parsley Almond Pesto
- 70 g / 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 70 g / 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 30 g / 1 cup parsley
- 120 ml / 1/2 cup olive oil (+ one extra glugg, depending on desired consisteny)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Start with chopping the almonds in a blender until roughly chopped.
- Add parsley, garlic, parmesan and half of the olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle the remaning olive oil into the pesto until desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.