These orange and cinnamon bliss balls are like a burst of christmas in your mouth!
Christmas is finally upon us! And I couldn’t be more excited about it as I’m already well and truly in a festive mood!
And as I’m getting ready for christmas and all it entails, I’ve been busy in the kitchen making plenty of christmas food! So today I’m bringing you these orange and cinnamon bliss balls, which taste like a burst of christmas in your mouth!
The combination of cinnamon and orange, together with apricot is a wonderful infusion of flavours with that christmas essence to it! And they’re also very good for you, being rich in many vitamins, minerals and healthy fats!
Cinnamon is one of the key flavours in these bliss balls and if you didn’t know it, cinnamon has some pretty interesting health benefits! It’s been shown to regulate blood sugar levels, being anti-inflammatory as well as working as an antioxidant in your body!
These orange and cinnamon bliss balls are great as they satisfy any sweet cravings, whilst providing energy and nutrition at the same time!
These are the perfect healthy treat to serve on a christmas party, or to bring to a party or to nibble on whenever you have a craving for something sweet!
Orange and Cinnamon Bliss Balls
- 150 g almonds about 1 cup
- 150 g dried apricots about a 1cup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Zest from one orange
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Small pinch of salt
- Place the almonds in the blender. Blend until roughly chopped.
- Place all other ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Roll into balls with slightly oiled hands, place on a plate and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Keep the balls in the fridge until ready to eat
These Orange and Cinnamon Bliss Balls are:
- Gluten free and vegan
- Rich in vitamin E, which is good for keeping your skin supple and keeping your membranes in shape! Works as an antioxidant in the body and protects the cells against cell damage.
- Good source of vitamin B2 and vitamin A
- Good source of copper, magnesium and manganese