Swap your breakfast yogurt for this mango avocado smoothie bowl – loaded with heart healthy fats, vitamins and minerals!
I’m sure many of you have had a green smoothie. But have you ever had a smoothie bowl? It’s essentially is like having a bowl of cereal with smoothie instead of yogurt.
Let me tell you it is niiiice! By using the mango and avocado you’ll get a real creamy smoothie!
This mango avocado smoothie bowl is a great alternative if you’re eating dairy free, or if you want to switch up your yogurt-for-breakfast routine.
I added a piece of fresh turmeric and coconut water to this mango avocado smoothie bowl, but you can also use almond milk or just plain water!
This mango avocado smoothie bowl is loaded with nutrients and will provide you with
- A big dose of antioxidants
- Loads of Vitamin C
- Plenty of Copper
- Dietary Fibre
- Plenty of heart healthy monounsaturated fats
Finish this mango avocado smoothie bowl with toppings of your choice. I love to add a handful of buckwheat granola, fresh berries and maybe a handful of nuts!
Mango Avocado Smoothie Bowl
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- small piece of turmeric
- 50 ml water (or coconut water, almond milk) or more, depending on what kind of consistency you wish.
- Peel and remove stone from avocado.
- Peel the mango and remove flesh from the stone
- Place mango, avocado, turmeric and water into a blender. Mix until smooth.
- Serve with toppings of your choice (granola, fresh berries, nuts and seeds)
- I normally make this with mango kept in the fridge and room temperature mango. For a more cool version you can use frozen mango. Use about 1 cup of mango.