As I had some puffed amaranth left over from the other day when I some energy bars that I needed to use, I made some muesli with it and it turned out great so I decided to share it here.
Puffed amaranth together with oats, honey, coconut and some nuts and seeds are the base for this toasted muesli. Have it with milk, yogurt or top of your smoothie with some granola.
This recipe calls for sunflower seeds and chopped almonds, but feel free to use different nuts or seeds that suits your tastebuds or dietary needs.
Honey, Oat and Amaranth Muesli
- 70 g / 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 70 g / 2/3 cup oats
- 15 g / 1/3 cup puffed amaranth
- 45 g / 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 45 g / 1/3 cup almonds, chopped
- 45 ml / 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp runny honey
- 0.5 tsp vanilla
- 45 ml 3 tbsp water
- small pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 150°c /gas mark 3
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Add coconut oil, honey and water and combine.
- Spread the mixture on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 30 min, or until golden. Give the muesli a stir from time to time to ensure that it gets evenly baked.
- Eat with yogurt, milk or add it to a smoothie bowl