Coffee Chia Pudding. Easy to make and perfect for dessert whenever you’re craving something indulgent but want something healthier.
Coffee Chia Pudding – The Perfect Sweet Treat
If you happen to have any left over coffee left in your coffee pot at, don’t throw it away! Instead, use it to make this delicious Coffee Chia Pudding!
It’s like having a latte in pudding form and it’s also quite filling! It’s easy to prepare, will last in the fridge for a couple of days and you can enjoy it for breakfast or as a dessert.
Coffee Chia Pudding – Nutrition Breakdown
Chia seeds have been hyped for quite a few years and it seems that they’re here to stay! These seeds also come with some health benefits such as
- Rich in dietary fibre – Dietary fibre is incredibly important for health! Chia seeds are rich in soluble fibre and this is what gives them their gel like texture when they’re mixed with liquids. Fibre can balance help to your blood sugars, keep your fuller for longer and keep your gut healthy!
- Healthy fats – Chia seeds contain omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for your brains ability to perform and function optimally! Omega-3’s are also important for heart health and for healthy skin, hair and nails!
- Plant-based protein – Protein are the building blocks in the body that build up your cells in the body. It’s important for immune system, keeping your hair strong and your skin and nails healthy! Eating 2 tablespoons of chia seeds provide you with around 4 grams of protein!
If you’re having this coffee chia pudding for breakfast, add some sliced banana and grated chocolate. If enjoying this coffee chia pudding as a dessert or as an afternoon pick-me-up, you can top it with whipped cream of your choice and grated dark chocolate!
Psst! If you’re a fan of chia and coffee, check out this pumpkin spice latte chia pudding.
If you make this recipe, comment and rate it! And take a picture and @nutritionistmeetschef on Instagram or Facebook!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE COFFEE CHIA PUDDING
Chia pudding that taste like a latte! A great way to use up any leftover coffee and a perfect sweet treat!
- 200 ml 3/4 cup + 1 tsbp cold coffee
- 200 ml 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp golden syrup honey or maple syrup work as well
- 8 tbsp chia seeds
- 0.5 tsp vanilla bean powder
- Grated chocolate
Mix all ingredients
Let chill for 4 h (or overnight
Serve with whipped cream and grated chocolate
*To make vegan, use your choice of vegan milk and finish with whipped coconut cream.