These coconut banana pancakes only require 4 ingredients and are incredibly easy to make! Gluten free and dairy free!
I’m sure that most of you have come across the famous 2 ingredient banana pancake? It’s simply banana and eggs mixed together and fried like pancakes. It’s a really delicious pancake recipe and also a great way to use up any spotted bananas you have at home that you need to eat up (if you haven’t frozen them down to make this banana peanut butter nice cream!)
This recipe is a spin of the classic banana pancake, but with added desiccated coconut and a little bit of lime zest to freshen it up!
The coconut gives the pancakes more texture and also makes them more filling!
Like the classic recipe, these pancakes are dairy free and gluten free!
COCONUT BANANA PANCAKES – NUTRITION BREAKDOWN
Eggs are the star of the recipe and there are loads of health benefits of eggs and I eat eggs almost every day! Eggs truly are real nutritional powerhouses, as they’re loaded with the nutrients your body needs! The banana and coconut will of course help these pancakes with an extra nutritional boost!
This recipe will provide you with
- Choline: A vitamin like compound (often grouped with vitamin B’s) that is not mentioned often. Choline is important for brain health and can help to improve memory as it has a key role for the production of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that can help with memory and muscle function.
- Biotin: B-vitamin which is essential for a healthy nervous system but also for strong and healthy hair.
- Vitamin D: Eggs are one of the few foods that contain the essential vitamin D, which helps your body to absorb calcium and helps to keep your bones healthy!
- Riboflavin: Plays a role in your metabolism and can also help to improve iron status in the body.
- Selenium: Protects the cells against oxidation and is important for the immune system.
These pancakes are great with raspberries, as the berries really complements the lime and coconut. Add a little bit of sweetener and maybe a dollop of greek yogurt!
Oh, and if you’re a pancake fiend like me, make sure you check out these pancake recipes too
- Fluffy Buckwheat Pancakes – Gluten free american style pancakes!
- Protein Pancakes – Seriously delicious and packed with protein thanks to cottage cheese
Coconut Banana Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 ripe banana
- 6 tbsp desiccated coconut
- zest from 0.5 lime
- Mash the banana.
- Add the eggs and whisk until combined.
- Add the coconut and lime zest and mix.
- Heat a large frying pan and add butter / oil to the pan. Add about 2-3 tbsp of the batter into the pan. Fry for 1 minute and flip over and cook for another minute. They should be golden brown on both sides.
- Serve pancakes with fresh berries, runny honey and a dollop of greek yogurt!