Too tired to make breakfast in the morning? Then these Clementine Pomegranate and Yogurt Oat Pots might be something for you! Prepare it the night before and enjoy it the following morning!
I’ve have mentioned before that I have porridge for breakfast 5 of out 7 days during the colder months. And whilst I do love porridge, the main reason why I eat it so often is because it’s so easy to make and it requires hardly any faffing around the kitchen. Place all ingredients in a pan, cook it up and it’s done in a few minutes.
But sometimes that extra step of cooking can feel like it too time consuming. And if you’re one of those people that really really cannot be bothered to cook something in the morning, then overnight oats might be something for you!
It’s probably one of the easiest things you can make. Just mix oats, milk and if you wish, some spices like cinnamon and ginger and leave it overnight. During the night the oats will soak up all the milk and in the morning it’s done. It’s kinda like soggy oats, but in a good way. I think it’s the only time I’ve actually used soggy as a way to describe food in a good light, ha! But yeah, it’s really good!
Here I’ve soaked oats in milk, a dash of cinnamon, ginger and vanilla bean powder and finished it all with pomegranate seeds, yogurt, segmented clementines and pumpkin seeds. I kinda wanted to make a wintery overnight oats so pomegranate and clementines felt like the right things to add, as they’re both in season! And the yogurt adds a nice boost of protein, so it will keep you full for longer.
And as the cherry on the cake, add a drizzle of maple syrup. Double yum! (honey works too if you don’t have maple syrup!)
These Clementine Pomegranate and Yogurt Oat Pots are great for breakfast, but also good for a filling afternoon snack!
Psst! Are you a fan of overnight oats? Check out this one with coconut milk! One of my all time favourites!
Clementine Pomegranate and Yogurt Oat Pots
- 45 g / 1/2 cup quick oats
- 120 ml / 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp vanilla bean powder or vanilla essence
- Handful of pomegranate seeds
- 60 ml / 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 clementine
- Pumpkin seeds optional
- Maple Syrup optional
- Place oats, milk and spices in a bowl. Mix well.
- Transfer oat mixture into a bowl, jam jars or a glass (e.g whiskey tumbler)
- Leave overnight
- The follow morning, add pomegranate seeds and yogurt. Peel your clementine and add it on top of the yogurt.
- Finish with a small handful of pumpkin seeds and a light drizzle of maple syrup.
These Clementine Pomegranate and Yogurt Oat Pots are
- Good source of zinc, iron and magnesium.
- Rich in vitamin B1
- Rich in vitamin C
- Gluten free (if using certified GF oats)
- Dairy free? Use dairy free milk and yogurt
- A good source of dietary fibre