Chicken Paillard with Mango and Avocado Salsa – Chicken paillard is a great way to prepare your chicken as it will tenderise it, keep it moist and it takes little time to cook! Here it’s served with a delicious fresh salsa! Nutritious and delicious!
Chicken Paillard with Mango Salsa – A quick & fresh dinner
Looking for a quick, nutritious and delicious dinner that’s easy to make? Look no further!
This chicken paillard with mango salsa is incredibly flavoursome and yet fresh and the same time. The mango salsa has other than mango, avocado, red pepper, coriander (cilantro) and spring onions in it. If you like chilli, you can add that to the salsa, but it’s delicious without.
What is Chicken Paillard?
Chicken Paillard is a method of preparing chicken where chicken breast is butterflied, pounded with a mallet until flattened and fried in the pan.
Preparing your chicken this way is great as it tenderises the chicken, keeps it moist as it has an even size and it cooks really quickly.
Sure, butterflying the chicken and pounding it with a mallet might take a few extra minutes, but that’s time you save when you cook it as it only takes a few minutes to cook it, compared to a regular chicken breast.
Chicken Paillard with Mango Salsa – Nutrition Breakdown
This meal is bursting with colours as well as nutrients and is rich in
- Vitamin B6 – Important for the production of serotonin in the body, which is the feel good hormone in the body.
- Folate – A key player in the formation of red bloods cells, which carry oxygen in the body and give all cells the oxygen they need.
- Vitamin C – Important for collagen production and protects your cells against free radicals.
- Vitamin E – This fat soluble vitamin most known role is that is works as an antioxidant in the body and protect the membranes against free radical damage! This can have a positive effect on cardiovascular health
- Magnesium – Needed for over 300 cellular functions in the body! Important for muscle function and energy production!
- Copper – Needed for iron metabolism in the body, hair pigmentation, free radical defence.
This chicken paillard with mango salsa is gluten and dairy free! Serve it on a bed of leafy greens and rice, quinoa or baked sweet potato wedges.
Looking for more chicken recipes?
- Ginger Lime Chilli Chicken – Incredibly aromatic chicken with great flavours
- Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Stir Fry – A great way to get more brussels sprouts into your diet!
- Shredded Red Cabbage Chicken Salad – A fresh red cabbage and chicken salad with a moreish soy and ginger dressing.
- Chicken Piperade – Poached shredded chicken with stir fried mixed pepper!
If you make this recipe, please comment and rate it. And don’t forget to take a picture and @nutritionistmeetschef on Instagram! We love to see your pictures!
This is a fresh and simple meal to prepare! By making chicken paillard the chicken will cook quickly and cook evenly so it stays moist! And the mango salsa is bursting with flavour that complements the chicken perfectly.
- 2 chicken breast (around 180 g each)
- Salt pepper
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 spring onion white & green parts
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- Juice from one lime (or to taste)
- Handful of chopped coriander cilantro
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Take a chicken breast and place it between two sheets of cling film. Place the cling filmed covered chicken on a sturdy surface and pound the chicken with a mallet, roller pin or the bottom of a pan until 1/4 inch thick. Repeat the procedure with the other breast.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and fry on a hot griddle pan for a minute or 2 on each side, until the chicken is cooked through and not pink in the middle.
Serve chicken with the mango avocado salsa and a green salad and rice or quinoa.
Dice the mango, avocado and red pepper to similar size.
Place the diced fruit and veg into a bowl.
Add lime juice and coriander. Stir.
Season with salt and pepper.
- Any leftover salsa will stay fresh in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
- If you want more of a kick to your salsa, add half a chilli!
- If you don't have a griddle pan you can fry it on a normal frying pan. Just add a little bit of oil before frying so it doesn't stick!
- Calories based on chicken breast weighting 150 g after cooking.