Had enough of potato fries? Try out these celeriac fries! A truly delicious alternative to your normal spud fries!
Trust me when I say that these celeriac fries truly are amazing.
They’re so so easy to make and are incredibly delicious, with that slightly nutty and mild celery flavour they almost have that umami taste to them.
All you need to do when you make these celeriac fries is to peel of that tough bobbly skin of the celeriac, cut it into thin strips, mix them with a drizzle of oil and a touch of salt. Then place them on a baking tray and bake them of in the oven until golden and crispy and they’re done an ready to be devoured!
These celeriac fries are great with burgers, steak or as a side to a salad, or anything that you would serve fries with.
I sometimes like to snack on them just as they are, because they are just that good!
- 1 head of celeriac about 1 kg
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil or more, depending on how big your celeriac is
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Peel the celeriac and cut into thin strips.
- Place the celeriac in a bowl and add oil. Mix thoroughly with our hand so all celeriac strips are evenly covered with oil. Add a good pinch of salt.
- Place the celeriac on an lined baking tray and make sure they don't overlap.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until soft and slightly golden.
- Enjoy your fries straight away