Baked Asparagus Ricotta Fritatta
A true sign that spring has sprung is that every supermarket starts to sell asparagus! You can find green asparagus, white asparagus and even purple asparagus! But green is the most common variety.
One dish I like to make on a regular basis is a frittata. It’s basically a omelette, or if you want to make it sound more fancy, a crustless quiche. The reason I like to make frittata is because you can practically use whatever veg or leftover you have in the fridge to make a frittata!
And now during spring I have asparagus in all the time, so I like to make this baked asparagus ricotta frittata!
As this frittata is baked in the oven, you don’t need to do much cooking really. Just prepare the asparagus, chop some onions and herbs, whisk the eggs together with cheese, pour all ingredients to a dish and cook oven for 25 minutes, then you can just relax while you wait for the food to cook!
This frittata can be eaten both warm and cold, so it’s perfect for a picnic in the park or to make for lunch! Serve it with a fresh salad and maybe a piece of bread of your choice and you have a complete meal.
Baked Asparagus Ricotta Frittata
- 7 eggs
- 100 g ricotta
- 60 g grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 small shallot
- 10-12 asparagus spears
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200° / gas mark 6
- Rinse the asparagus. Snap or cut off the woody part of the asparagus.
- Boil the asparagus for 2 minutes. Remove and rinse (refresh) in cold water.
- Whisk the eggs. Add the ricotta and grated parmesan and whisk lightly until combined.
- Finely slice the shallot.
- Add the finely sliced shallot and chopped chives into the egg mixture. Add salt and pepper.
- Line a oven proof round baking dish (9.5") with greaseproof paper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the form.
- Place the asparagus in the egg mixture in a line.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until firm.
- Serve hot or cold.