Baharat Spice blend is a middle eastern spice mixture used in middle eastern cuisine. In our version, we’ve used all spice, black pepper, coriander, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, cardamom, nutmeg and spice.
This spice mixture is great with stir fried cabbage, rice dishes, dry rubs for meat, chicken and fish or together with quinoa like in this spiced quinoa stuffed red cabbage rolls.
Baharat Spice Blend
- 2 tsp ground black pepper.
- 2 tsp ground coriander.
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon.
- 2 tsp whole cloves.
- 2 tsp ground cumin.
- 1 teaspoon whole cardamom seeds
- 3 tsp ground nutmeg.
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp ground all spice
- Ground cloves and cardamom seeds with a mortar and pestle.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Keep in an airtight container.