You only need 2 ingredients to make these incredibly refreshing watermelon lime ice lollies!
Is there something better than eating watermelon on a really hot summers day?
Yes! Eating watermelon ice lollies!
These watermelon lime ice lollies are so easy to make and they’re sooo good. You only need 2 ingredients, which are watermelon and lime! The watermelon adds plenty of sweetness and the lime complements the flavour beautifully so they don’t need any additional sweetener to them!
Watermelon also come with some good health benefits, and contain important nutrients such as
- Vitamin A, which is important for eye health and to keep the immune system strong!
- Vitamin C, is also needed for the immune system and for healthy skin and important for wound healing!
- Potassium, which is important for fluid and electrolyte balance in the body, which is important when it’s hot outside!
- Contains lycopene, a carotenoid which is responsible for the red colour of the watermelon. Lycopene may protect against cardiovascular disease (1) by and it can also protect the skin against UV damage (2)!
Watermelon also consist of a staggering 92% water!!! So it truly lives up to it’s name watermelon!
If you’re eating your own weight in watermelon during the summer months as I do, check out these other watermelon recipes like this watermelon gazpacho, watermelon, feta and chilli salad, watermelon shake or this halloumi, peach and watermelon salad!
Hope you all are having a great summer!
These watermelon lime ice lollies only require 2 ingredients to make and they're super easy to make! They are refreshing, cooling and perfect for hot days!
- 500 g / 1.1 lb watermelon flesh, deseeded
- 1/2 lime, juice and zest
Place the watermelon, lime juice and zest in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Divide into ice lolly moulds and place in the freezer until frozen.