Stuffed peppers with quinoa, courgette and feta. A perfect vegetarian dish for meatless Monday!
The other day the Chef said that stuffed peppers are such an 80’s dish. And I don’t know what you think about the 80’s, but I think that was one pretty darn epic decade. It was the time of amazing music, the time when people were having pen-pals (and actually writing hand-written letters to each other) and had eccentric style with almost no boundaries. Have anyone of you watched The Goldbergs? That TV-show really epitomise the 80’s and it’s so funny. If you haven’t watched it, do it!
So back to these stuffed peppers. The chef and I devoured these last Monday and OH MY are they TASTY! These stuffed peppers are tasty, quick and a filling veggie dish! With pre-cooked quinoa this dish will be done in less than 30 min!
Start with roasting of the peppers, and while they are roasting, fry the finely chopped courgette and red onions on low-medium heat until soft.
Combine quinoa, vegetables, feta cheese and herbs and stuff the peppers with them, and roast off in the oven for a couple of minutes. DONE! Simple as that.
One portion of this will also provide with you with around
- 15% Iron
- 25% Zinc
- 30% Magnesium
- 30% Vitamin b-2
- 35% Vitamin b-6
To name a few nutrients It also gives you more than 100% of your DV of vitamin A and C!
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- ½ courgette
- ½ red onion
- 250 g cooked quinoa
- 50 g feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut the peppers in half and deseed them. Rub 0.5 tbsp olive oil on each peppers and bake in the oven for 15 min, roast cut-side down.
- Meanwhile, chop the courgette and red onion finely. Add 1 tbsp to a frying pan, add the vegetables and a pinch of salt and cook until soft. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Combine quinoa, feta cheese, vegetables and herbs. Combine and add salt and pepper to taste. Assemble the mixture in the red peppers.
- Place the peppers in the oven again for 5-8 min.
- Serve with a salad and garnish with fresh herbs and a little feta cheese.
Recipe adapted from BBC good food