Seeds crisp bread – gluten free, grain free and absolutely delicious!
The recipe have a given amounts of how much seed you should add to the recipe, but feel free to change it different quantities. Just make sure the total grams of the recipe is about the same. Sometimes I have pumpkin seeds, linseeds and sesame seeds, sometimes more sunflower seeds and it turns out perfect every time.
It is important to have psyllium husk powder and linseed when making this, as these two will act as a glue and keep the seeds to holding on to each other. You can find it in your local health shop or at amazon here
This recipe is also nut-free as it has corn flour in it, but this can be replaced with your choice of flour.
Serve this on a cheese and wine night, or at a buffet. Or just eat them as they are with your preferred spread.
Hope you enjoy!
- 120 g pumpkin seeds
- 150 g sunflower seeds
- 40 g linseeds
- 20 g sesame seeds
- 2 tsbp psyllium husk powder
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 ml water
- Flake salt.
- Combine pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, linseeds and sesame seeds,psyllium seed powder, salt and water. Mix thorough and let rest for 30 min. You want the batter to be really thick. If it's too thick, add a little bit more water. If it's too loose, leave it for an additional 15 min.
- Turn oven on 175°C/gas mark 4.
- Spread the batter evenly on two lined baking trays. Sprinkle a little bit of flake salt.
- Bake in the oven for 60-75 min. Let cool completely. Transfer to an air light container.