Here’s an easy healthy dinner you can whip up in less than 30 min!
A week ago I got this idea that I wanted to try to make a chia crusted salmon! So I did and it turned out fantastic. I also made a salad with shaved fennel and broccoli, using a mandolin to shave them. If you don’t own a mandolin I recommend you invest in one. It is such a useful tool in the kitchen. If you don’t have a mandolin, you can still make this salad, either try to slice it finely or chop it up to smaller pieces
This meal is rich in vitamin A, B12, B3, B6, C, D, K and the minerals selenium and magnesium as well as being rich in the essential fatty acid Omega-3, which is important for preventing blood clotting, keeping skin and hair healthy and is anti-inflammatory!
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 shallots
- Zest from one lemon
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Couple of handfuls of mixed lettuce
- 2 fillets of salmon (140 g each)
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped chervil (dried or fresh)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the fennel, shallot and broccoli on a mandolin. With the broccoli, cut the florets from the stem and slice the florets lengthways and the same with the stem with a mandolin or a knife.
- Place sliced fennel, shallot and broccoli in a bowl. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and massage into the vegetables. Leave to marinate whilst preparing the salmon.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6/400°F
- Combine chives, chervil, chia seeds, oil, salt and pepper into a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Pat the salmon fillet dry with kitchen roll and add pack the chia & herb mixture on top of the salmon.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily.
- Add the mixed leafs to the fennel & broccoli salad and serve together with the fish. Finish with chopped chives.